53rd Annual Wiederkehr Wine Festival
Annual Wiederkehr Village Weinfest
We invite you to join us in celebrating our 53rd Annual Weinfest on Saturday, October 22, 2016. No tickets are needed. The banquet is first come, first served, and the entertainment and admission to the grounds are FREE!
Read all about the details on the activities and attractions at the Weinfest:
• Weinfest Schedule
• Weinfest Entertainment Features
• Weinfest Activities
• Local Accommodations (separate page)
Watch: Grape Harvest and Weinfest on Channel 5 Fort Smith
Tyler Southard and the Channel 5 KFSM news crew spent some time with Al Wiederkehr in our vineyards and cellars. Watch our grape harvest in action and go through our cellars with oak barrels for aging our premium wines. Learn more about our annual Weinfest and see some of our famous Swiss-German food in the Weinkeller.
The schedule starts at 8:00 a.m. and lasts until 10:00 p.m. Here are the various events and times:
• Tours of the historic wine cellars are every 30 minutes starting at 8:30 a.m.; the last one is at 4:30 p.m.
• Food Concessions: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Arts & Crafts Exhibits: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Weinkeller Restaurant lunch hours: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Weinkeller Restaurant dinner hours: 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
• Festival Entertainment begins at 11:00 a.m. (see entertainment features below)
Weinfest Entertainment Features
The activities during the Festival Banquet include:
• Championship Grape Stomp
• Conga Line dancing through the wine cellars
• Sing-along in German and English
• Bacchus (the Roman god of wine) to enchant and entertain you
• Contests and door prizes
• Many more live entertainment acts
Come early and enjoy:
• FREE wine tasting tours
• Concessions with International cuisine
• Dining at the Weinkeller Restaurant and patio dining
• Carriage rides and tram rides through the vineyards
• Arts and crafts displays
• Award-winning Wiederkehr wines and gourmet items in the 1880 Wine and Gift Shoppe
• Many more attractions
The Tyrolean-style activities begin early in the day, with tours of the historic wine cellars starting at 8:30 am in the midst of the festivities, ending in the charming wine tasting room. Then catch a ride on one of the open trams through the vineyards to an observation tower with a panoramic view of the Arkansas River Valley.
Browse through the arts and crafts exhibits, and join in the fun as a spectator or as a participant in one of our contests. There's the Stein Stemmen (stone toss) contest, the Baum Stossen (log toss) contest, and no weinfest would be complete without a Grape Stomping contest! You won't want to miss the Grape Stomp—a sure audience favorite.
Bring your dancing shoes for the polka dancing to authentic German music. With sing-alongs in German and English, games for the kids, and a conga line through the cellars, there's plenty of fun for the whole family!
And then there's the food! Throughout the day, concession stands will serve a variety of international foods, such as Quiche Lorraine, Old World Potato Soup, Smoked Bratwurst with Sauerkraut, and many other delicacies. The famous Weinkeller Restaurant will be open for lunch and dinner as usual, and patio dining will be available.
Seating for the Weinfest is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so come early and enjoy good food and good times with good friends. The Weinfest will go on, rain or shine, so make plans now to experience this fun and exciting celebration. And as always, our excellent wines will be available for your enjoyment and for purchase throughout the day.
Admission is free, and you can just buy any of our food concessions when you arrive. For more information, please contact us via the following methods:
• Email: email@example.com
• Telephone: 1-800-622-WINE or 479-468-WINE
• Fax: 479-468-4791
• Postal mail: 3324 Swiss Family Drive, Wiederkehr Village, AR 72821
|©Copyright 2001–2016 Wiederkehr Wine Cellars, Inc., Wiederkehr Village, Arkansas.|