Join us to celebrate our 50th Annual Weinfest on Saturday, October 12, 2013!
Read below about all our activities and attractions at our past Weinfests, and please check back
later this spring and summer for more details on the 50th Annual Weinfest.
Click the image to see the full-size poster from our 49th Weinfest in 2012.
Download a PDF of last year's complete Weinfest schedule with times and locations here.
Read all about the details on the activities and attractions at the Weinfest:
• Weinfest Schedule
• Weinfest Entertainment Features
• Weinfest Activities
• Weinfest Tickets
• Local Accommodations
The schedule starts at 8:00 a.m. and lasts
until 10:00 p.m. Here are the various events and times:
• Tours of the historic wine cellars are every 30
minutes starting at 8:30 a.m.; the last one is at 4:30 p.m.
• Food Concessions: 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Arts & Crafts Exhibits: 9:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Weinkeller Restaurant lunch hours: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Weinfest Banquet service: 2:00 to 7:00 p.m.
• Weinkeller Restaurant dinner hours: 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
• Festival Entertainment begins at 11:00 a.m.
(see entertainment features below)
Weinfest Entertainment Features
The activities during the Festival Banquet
• Championship Grape Stomp
• Conga Line dancing through the wine cellars
• Sing-along in German and English
• Bacchus (the Roman god of wine) to enchant and
• Contests and door prizes
• Many more live entertainment acts
Come early and enjoy:
• FREE wine tasting tours
• Concessions with International cuisine
• Dining at the Weinkeller Restaurant and patio dining
• Carriage rides and tram rides through the vineyards
• Arts and crafts displays
• Award-winning Wiederkehr wines and gourmet items in
the 1880 Wine and Gift Shoppe
• Many more attractions
The Tyrolean-style activities begin early in
the day, with tours of the historic wine cellars starting at 8:30 am in
the midst of the festivities, ending in the charming wine tasting room.
Then catch a ride on one of the open trams through the vineyards to an
observation tower with a panoramic view of the Arkansas River Valley.
Browse through the arts and crafts exhibits, and join in the fun as a
spectator or as a participant in one of our contests. There's the Stein
Stemmen (stone toss) contest, the Baum Stossen (log toss) contest, and
no weinfest would be complete without a Grape Stomping contest! You
won't want to miss the Grape Stomp—a sure audience favorite.
Bring your dancing shoes for the polka dancing to authentic German
music. With sing-alongs in German and English, games for the kids, and a conga
line through the cellars, there's plenty of fun for the whole family!
And then there's the food! Throughout the day, concession
stands will serve a variety of international foods, such as Quiche
Lorraine, Old World Potato Soup, Smoked Bratwurst with Sauerkraut, and
many other delicacies. The famous Weinkeller Restaurant will be
open for lunch and dinner as usual, and patio dining will be available.
The Weinkeller is also catering the Weinfest Banquet. You'll enjoy
our famous spaghetti and Back Hendel Vienna (a chicken specialty)
with salad and bread.
Seating for the Weinfest is available on a first-come, first-served
basis, so come early and enjoy good food and good times with good
friends. The Weinfest will go on, rain or shine, so make plans now to
experience this fun and exciting celebration. And as always, our
excellent wines will be available for your enjoyment and for purchase
throughout the day.
You don't need to buy tickets; you can just pay
for the Festival Banquet when you arrive. For more information, please
contact us via the following methods:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: 1-800-622-WINE or 479-468-WINE
• Fax: 479-468-4791
• Postal mail: 3324 Swiss Family Drive,
Wiederkehr Village, AR 72821